Monday 21 January 2019

What I've been watching recently

Over the last few weeks I've been watching some different films and TV series to what I would normally watch. If I'm honest I rarely feel like I have time to actually watch something as I'm either running about or updating my blog and don't want to get distracted! But I made a point to just relax and watch a few things.


Birdbox
If you haven't heard of this and the hype then where have you been?! I was only discussing this with one of my friends the other on both how we see a few different things and need to watch it again. If you really don't know about this Sandra Bullock is pregnant and something is released into the world sending everyone crazy and the only way to survive is to stay in doors but what happens what supplies start getting low and when the crazy people act normal?
Available on Netflix


Luther
So my mum watches this every season and I only decided to watch the most recent and oh wow I couldn't wait for each episode and my manager at work watches it too so every morning we had a catch up. I won't go into it and I know I need to watch the seasons previous but ooh there is some twisted people and I kind of feel a bit for Luther.
Available on BBC iPlayer and NetflixGreenleaf
You know when you on Netflix and you get that like advert well this is how I found Greenleaf and oh boy did I get addicted! I watched 3 seasons (13 episodes each and 40 minutes long) in like 2 weeks. Now I'm not religious and it didn't make me want to start going church or anything but it was just the whole story behind it, this family who run a church and what goes on behind closed doors. If you have watched this you will know what I mean, like how many more things can happen to this family?
Available on Netflix
Girl on the train
I initially read the book by Paula Hawkins, I loved the story it's like what really happened? Who was telling the truth? My mum read the book after me and couldn't put it down. When I heard a movie was being made about it I was not overly excited but I gave it a chance and knowing what happened in the book I thought they done well with the movie obviously they didn't fit everything in and the location was in another country which I was a little disappointed with but overall I did enjoy it.
Available on Netflix
Den of thieves
This is about a group of highly skilled bank robbers planning a heist at a major Federal Reserve of course there is team of cops who are determined to get them and stop them but what happens at the end really like got me I was like omg so sneakyyyy. I would recommend it.
Available on Netflix
Christmas Chronicles
So I was adamant I was going to watch some Christmas films over the festive period and this came up and it's this young girl who loves Christmas and wants to see Santa doing his thing and of course things get a little carried away and it's down to them to save Christmas. It's a lovely family film and there is some funny bits. the little elf flossing made me and my mum giggle.
Available on Netflix
Dumplin
Okay, so this isn't my usual kind of film as all the songs are pretty much Dolly Parton and it's not my preferred taste in music but it was so like warming. Willowdean, who's mum was a beauty pageant queen, enters a pageant and she gives it her all and proves you don't have to be perfect to succeed!


Have you watched any of the above? What are your thoughts?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin' | YouTube
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig