Monday 23 July 2018

Overnight oats with slim fast and chia seeds

Breakfast is a great way to start the day and can avoid you snacking mid morning, I find if I have a decent breakfast I don't feel peckish till late morning but I try to avoid eating anything as I know I will be having lunch soon. Until recently I had never tried overnight oats, mainly cause we never have oats in our house but I really fancied them and we had these slim fast porridge sachets so I thought I'd try. Using the sachet was an ideal way for me to try as I didn't want to go and buy a whole big bag of oats and if I didn't like it, it wouldn't be a total waste.

I looked a few recipes online to see what sort of things they had in and what I had in my cupboards/fridge and I now have a recipe which I use and is so simply to remember. This recipe serves two.



What you'll need
Bowl/measuring jug
Spoon
Measuring cups/utensils
Mason jar/container minimum of 400ml


Ingredients
2/3 cups of oats (2 sachets slim fast porridge)
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
2 tsp chia seeds
2 tsp honey
Handful of medium strawberries chopped up (or any other fruit of your choice)
Granola (optional)
This serves two, half the ingredients for one serving

How to make
1. Combine all ingredients apart from the granola in a bowl and transfer to a mason jar/container.
2. Leave to set in the fridge overnight
3. In the morning, take out of the fridge and top with granola (optional) and bon appetite




I did notice a slight difference when I used the slim fast porridge oats, it was sweeter and it was a little thicker, where as the oats there was some of the milk which hadn't fully soaked into the oats but this is minor. It's up to you what consistency you want them so put as little or as much milk and oats as you want.

Have you tried overnight oats? Do you already enjoy this and use other ingredients?


Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig