Monday 13 April 2020

Spinach and mushroom pasta recipe

If you know me you will know I absolutely love to cook and I have decided that each month (maybe twice a month, depending how the first dish goes) I am going to try and cook a new dish. What I like with cooking is something simple and something which is Slimming World friendly, that means avoiding oils, creams, butter. Yes, in a lot of recipes some of them are used but I have found some alternatives and if I'm honest I don't really miss them.

Recently I had made a quick and simple tomato sauce using fresh tomatoes rather than tinned as I couldn't get any. The reason behind this was due to some browsing on Pinterest and I see a mushroom and tomato based pasta and thought I would do something similar. I find these kind of pasta dishes easy to cook and great for meal prep.



I tweaked it slight and I came up with the below, if you have tinned tomatoes you can use these instead of making the sauce but click here for the recipe. Also, this serves two.

What you'll need
Large sized saucepan
Medium sized saucepan
Chopping board
Sharp knife
Measuring spoons

Ingredients
250g of pasta of your choice
1 small onion finely chopped
Tinned tomatoes
Fry light
1 tsp garlic granules
Half tsp coriander leaf
1 tsp dried basil
Half tsp paprika
Quarter tsp oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Half tbsp of tomato puree
Sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
Few drops of soy sauce
300g mushrooms
Two big handfuls of spinach

Method
1. Spray the larger pan with fry light and place on a low heat and finely chop the onion then add to the pan. Bring to a medium heat.

2. Start to cook the pasta accordingly and whilst that is cooking you can do the rest

3. Slice the mushrooms and add to the onions.

4. Once the onions and mushrooms have started cook through add the tinned tomatoes, seasonings, tomato puree and soy sauce. Bring it to a simmer.

5. When the pasta has cooked, drain it and add to the tomato sauce, thoroughly mixing it all together.

6. Roughly chop the spinach and add, you can turn the heat off now as the spinach will start to wilt in the heat.

Tips
You can add other ingredients like peppers, chicken or prawns.

Have you tried anything like this or want to?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin' | YouTube
Xx

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig