Monday 27 May 2019

How to boost tired and dull skin



Do you ever get that feeling when you look in the mirror sometimes and your skin just looks dull and tired and you just feel urgh? Well lately that's exactly how I've been, the past couple months have been a lot crazy for me some of you know but all will be revealed shortly in a post and on my YouTube channel.

I thought I would share with you all what I have been doing to give my face/skin a little boost and some me time, just to let you know if you don't know already I have combination skin so some of these products may not be best suited but I will try and link the equivalent. You may think this is quite simple but finding the products that suit your skin can be quite difficult to begin with. This is what I tend to do once a week or some products once every few weeks.




1. I will wet my face and apply Garnier green tea leaves gel wash (which to my disappointment is now no longer available but they have an aloe extract one which is suitable for normal to combination skin). Then using my face brush in circular motions just gently exfoliate my face getting rid of any dead skin, I like this one as the bristles are not too hard but not too soft that you don't feel red faced and irritated. After I have gone all over my face and under my jaw I will rinse off with warm water and pat dry.

2. Now it's face mask time and my absolute favorite is the BS Himalayan charcoal face mask. It's 100% vegan, the charcoal, tea tree and green tea leaves helps draw out any unwanted impurities from your skin. Instead of getting my hands messy I apply it with a old foundation brush and leave on till it dries. Whilst it's drying I'll watch a episode of something. If you have skin which needs a bit of moisture and re-plump I would suggest the British rose fresh plumping mask.

3. I find when I’m really tired my eyes just look awful even with eye cream! Recently I’ve been using these under eye gel pads. They are weird when you first use them and a little fiddley but you get used to them. The ones I have been using are the #6 from Poundland they do the trick and just a little pick me up.

4. This step is additional and if you just want some additional “me” time. I’ll pick a sheet mask, usually a hydrating one, apply it and spend 30 minutes just doing nothing. The good thing with these sheet masks there is no rinsing you just rub in the left over serum into your skin and you’re done.

What do you do to keep your skin feeling refreshed?

Xx


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig