Monday 3 December 2018

Winter vegatable broth

What better way to spend a dull day then with a vegetable broth, this is a super easy and quick recipe that I found on Sheer Luxe. I'm not entirely too sure how I actually ended up subscribed to their emails but I actually love reading them they have like everything from beauty tips to recipes and everything in between and they nothing is sugar coated.



Anyway I stumbled across this a couple months ago in on of their emails which is actually from Waitrose and uses all their ingredients so your not going from shop to shop to try and get everything and thought it would be great to have something like this when the colder months come. I have tried it and I have tweaked it a bit and I'll let you know the basic recipe but also add in my additions.

What you'll need
Sharp knife
Chopping board
Medium size pot
Wooden spoon

Ingredients
500ml cooks ingredients vegetable stock
1/2 (half) essentials pointed spring cabbage, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
400g cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 (half) 25g pack of chives, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Knorr vegetable (or chicken) stock pot, optional
2 pre cooked roast chicken breast (M&S have the best ones), optional
Handful of broccoli, optional


How to make
1. Add stock and stock pot to the pot and bring to a boil
2. Whilst stock is on the heat, slice the carrots and cabbage and chop the broccoli to desired size. Don't forget to drain and rinse the cannellini beans
3. Add the veg to pot and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Heat the chicken up as per the instructions and chop up into smaller chunks then add to the broth
5. Chop the chives and stir in
6. Serve and enjoy

Notes
The ingredients I've put optional next to were not included in the main recipe but I added them for extra flavour. Also the chicken obviously would make it non vegetarian but as I said this is optional.

If you do try this I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

Have you tried anything like this before? Or have your own version?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin' | YouTube
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig