Monday 17 December 2018

What I like to do this time of year

There is definitely something about autumn and winter that I just love, the nights drawing in an excuse to just binge watch a series on Netflix which I have been doing a lot of lately (oops) lol but who can stop me and it's cold outside! As I didn't take much holiday throughout the year, I have been a little wise, I've ended up with having quite a lot of days left between November and December so it's been giving me time to do some things I really love to do at this time of year.



Winter wonderland
This place just screams Christmas vibes, if you have never been it's basically a event that's held in Hyde Park which starts at the end of November and is on till early January. It's almost like a winter fun fair as there is rides, circus, games, food stalls, bars and stalls where you can purchase various items. Last year I went to the circus and I absolutely loved it. I will say that the price of things like food and drink are, as expected, a little pricey but entry to Winter Wonderland itself is free, I will say if you want to go to a show or ice bar you will need to be before attending and the earlier you book the better as you won't be disappointed.

Catching up with friends and family
I try catch up with my friends and family as much as I can throughout the year but sometimes it can be hard as we all work, some study, have kids or don't live local but we speak to each other in between. It's so nice to see your friends and go catch up grab a coffee and some cake (or a cheeky nandos) somewhere just talk, see how each other and what's been going on. Me and my family we do try to get together throughout the year but we do definitely make time over the Christmas period.


Go through wardrobe
Finally all the summer clothes have been put away and time to go through the winter ones and get rid of them out of shape jumpers, stuff you don't like anymore and actually see what you have. You might find yourself just having to replace a few things staple items like black high neck jumper or long sleeve tops. Also if there is stuff you are getting rid of that you just no longer like take it to a local charity shop as I'm sure someone will love it and get some more use out of it.


Visit Oxford Street to see the lights in the evening and Selfridges
If you have ever been to Oxford Street November/December you will already know that it is very Christmassy and I love Selfridges. I love to do a bit of shopping in London I'm not sure what it is but I'm really feeling it this season. I'm feeling very festive.


Watch Christmas films and coasy up with hot drinks
It's official you can now watch Christmas films without being judged! I think Sky have a Christmas channel which they jus continuously play movies all day and night. There is a few new ones which have come out on Netflix and I've added to my list to watch also I love watching nightmare before Christmas, it's not your standard film but I always watch it.


Make a home made soup
You know when it's freezing outside and you come home you just want something to warm you up inside well home made soup or chicken stew is the way forward.

Christmas cards and wrapping presents
Usually one evening in the middle of December I will sit down and write out a load of Christmas cards out for my parents and friends (my mum usually does the ones for the family) and wrap any presents. I will pop on a Christmas film get a hot chocolate or latte and make a start. I am always bound to forget a card for someone and if I have and it's a bit last minute I will think about sending one from an online service like Moonpig or if I really don't have any time I will be using Paperless Post this year and it's handy if you don't have the address but you have their email address.




What do you like to do this time of year?


Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin' | YouTube
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig