Wednesday 13 August 2014

Beauty buys of July

Another month and I can't help but buy beauty bits and as usual I get a majority of them from boots (so I get my points!). Browsing through Instagram and magazines seeing what nail colours are big, I found myself looking for a bright orange but not a neon one and a lilac, just a soft pastel colour.  At the moment I'm really liking Barry M's Gelly High Shine collection, so I chose the Satsuma and Prickley Pear (this is such a random name for it I know, but on Boots website its just called lilac?). They are both lovely colours but I would recommend applying two coats for it to last longer. I did get a little addicted to wearing the Satsuma as the weather was so nice and I wanted my nails to stand out, I think there is a picture on my insta if not I will get one soon of them both!

I'd seen a review in Company's May/Junes Magazine for the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks saying how they do not dry out your lips which I find with a lot of lipsticks after time they dry my lips out which can be so annoying especially when I'm out. I must say I have not been out properly and worn either of them yet but I have tried them on when lazing around the house to see how they look on and I'm absolutely in love with the two that I picked Hot Pepper and Olé Flamingo. I wanted fun and flirty colours with a matte'ish finish for the day time but could also be used at night, so far so good. On the left is Hot Pepper and the right is Olé Flamingo

Over a month ago me and Nowara had seen in TK Maxx this Ionika Cheetah Brush, I was definitely in need of a new one as the handle on my kept coming off and was very annoying even when picking it up I'd forget and one half would just go flying across my bed. Anyway straight away she said this is so me and that you had to buy it, I did hesitate and a few weeks later I went back and got it! It's so cute and is so me (if you know me I love leopard print). I couldn't find the exact one I purchase but they do have it in a purple version.

I did have to stock up on a few daily products I use and love, which included Garnier Pure Active Anti Spot (see review post here), Palmers Cocoa Butter and Boots Tea Tree Witch Hazel Foaming Face Wash. I've found this face wash so far brilliant, it cleans my skin of the dirt that baby wipes cant get rid of and just makes your skin feel fresh. I use it every morning and in the before I go bed (if I can remember that is). I picked up Elle's August magazine and it came with a free gift, love a freebie lol, of Malin + Goetz samples it included: lip moisturiser, cleanser and moisturiser. So far I have only tried the lip moisturiser and I was a little shocked, it was thick at first and felt gooey and I thought great sticky and horrible but I gave it a chance before wiping it off so I kept it on and surprisingly it kept my lips moisturised and they were so soft in the morning. So in the future if I can get away from the Eos and Vaseline limited editions I may give this a go.



 

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig