Monday 21 October 2019

How I meal prep for work

Recently I have been meal prepping like crazy and one of my friends recently asked if I was going to write it up on my blog and it was a little strange as I had in mind to share with you guys how I meal prep. 

The last thing I want to do after being at work all day and then the gym is to stand in the kitchen for hours cooking something. Also after the gym I didn't want anything too heavy to eat to make me feel sloggish. So I just came up with a simple veg and chicken meal, you can change this to what ever veg you like and season the chicken how ever you want. 



What you'll need
5 containers to put your meals in
Sharpe knife
Chopping board
Mixing bowl 9for seasoning the chicken)
Large Bowl (for mixing the vegetables)
Vegetable peeler
Frying pan
3 pots (potentially)



Ingredients 
5 skinless and boneless chicken thighs
Season of your choice for the chicken
2 packed of multi green veg rice (I buy the ones from Iceland)
2 carrots
Handful of frozen broccoli
Handful of frozen cauliflower
Small tin of callaloo
Large tin of sweetcorn
Large handful of spinach
Olive oil

Instructions
1. Season the chicken and leave for at least one hour in the fridge.
2. Heat up some olive oil in a frying pan, once heated add the chicken. I tend to keep on a medium heat.
3. Chop up the spinach into smallish bits, then put in the large bowl and set aside to be used later.
4. Peel and chop carrots.
5. Add the carrots, frozen broccoli and cauliflower to a pot of water and gently simmer. I put them all together.
6. Microwave the greens steam bags once cooked empty into the mixing bowl.
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK THE CHICKEN
7. Cook the sweetcorn, then add to the large bowl.
8. Cook the callaloo, then add to the large bowl.
9. Mix everything in the bowl and then separate into the 5 containers and set aside.
10. Once the carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cooked add to the containers.
11. Make sure the chicken is fully cooked, carefully take out of the pan and chop it up into bite size pieces then add to the containers.
12. Allow to cool down before popping them in the fridge.

Tips
  • If you can season your chicken the day before I would do this but you don't need to. 
  • You can microwave the sweetcorn and callaloo if it's easier, sometimes I do this. 
  • I know this is standard but make sure you thoroughly clean anything that has been in contact with raw chicken.
It does seem like there is a few steps but when you do it a few times you will get used to it and be able to do it so quickly. 

Do you meal prep? If so what do you do?

Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig