Monday 29 October 2018

Preparing for Winter

How much has the weather change in like the last couple weeks?! The mornings and evenings are certainly getting colder and of course the clocks changed over the weekend. Right now I'm all for staying home and binge watching a TV series on Netflix and a hot drink.


So what am I doing to prepare myself for the new season?

Recently I've bought a few clothing items like some new footwear, some long sleeve midi dresses, jumper (well my mum picked one out) oh and a new coat which I am totally loving, I will post a few outfits in it soon! One thing I love about this time of the year is the jumpers and over sized scarves to keep myself all warm and cosy especially when I'm out and about.

All the coffee shops start to bring in their autumn menu and it usually involves pumpkin or cinnamon. Something about them just makes you feel all snuggly inside and often me and Nowara will meet up and go for a coffee and try one of their new drinks or we recommend to each other what ones are good.

Along with the hot drinks comes the comfort food: chicken stews, soups, casseroles, lasagnes and roast dinners you know all them warming mainly high carb foods. I do try lay off the carbs in general but sometimes your body just craves them and I can't wait to be cooking up some food soon.

I'm sure you will all agree that your skin definitely takes a hit with this weather although I have combination skin throughout winter it tends to be a little more dry (obvious reasons) it's like the oil balances out and I slyly have normal skin? I will be using amore thicker cream to try stop my face trying. Don't forget your hands as well I love hemp cream from body shop and Neutrogena concentrated hand cream (blue lid) they are both so amazing and moisturising.

How did I nearly forget candles if you've just come home from being out, take all your make up off put your most comfiest pj's on light up a warming candle, make a hot drink, grab a blanket and put Netflix on. I love the candles that have a colour changing light when in use it jut sets the mood and they smell amazing! Ahhh I cannot wait to do this myself!

Are you doing anything to prepare yourself for autumn/winter this year?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig