Monday 22 October 2018

Green pesto pasta

I got the idea for this recipe from a little pasta side dish I picked up from M&S a while back, it's pasta bows with spinach and pine kernels in a pesto dressing. It's something so simple and I would have it on the side of my salad but I did notice with the pesto which was used there was a lot of oil at the bottom so I thought to make my own but slightly different.

I tend to have this for lunches at work as it is such a quick meal to cook the night before and I make enough for a few days. If I do re heat it at work the pasta can be a little dry so I just add a little bit of water and it tastes and feels a lot better.

What you'll need
Medium sized pot
Colander
Mixing bowl
Sharp knife
Chopping board

Ingredients
Pasta, shape of your choice, I use fusilli 250g 
Roughly 93g green pesto (it's about half a jar)
2 handfuls of spinach
Small handful of feta (crumbled)

How to make
1. Cook pasta as per instructions
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking roughly chop up the spinach and put aside
3. Drain the pasta
4. Add the pasta, pesto, spinach and feta to the mixing bowl and mix together
5. And serve (or add to containers if not eating straight away).



Notes
I tend to use a quick cook pasta purely because it's quick and you can literally do everything within 15 minutes. It's up to you what green pesto you want to use you might want to make your own or try it with red pesto but I do like the flavour of Napolina's pesto it almost has a slight creamy flavour.

You can add more or less of any of the ingredients this is how I do mine.

Have you tried anything like this before? Or would like to try it?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx



Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig