Monday 16 July 2018

My go to summer nail colours

Summer is fully upon us and it has given me a reason to get the pretty summery colours out and start painting my nails. I tend to change my colours depending what the season is so in autumn/winter I sway more towards deeper and darker shades and mattes, where as in spring/summer I go more towards light and bright colours and glitter!!.


Luckily my nails are in good condition at the moment and are growing nicely and it's nice to see them painted. I'm not one to go to a nail shop and get either gels or acrylics even though I have been tempted on many occasions, I'm just worried the long term damage they will actually do. In an other post I will show what I use on my nails to keep them maintained.




Clockwise, Essie - Watermelon, Nails Inc - Claremont Street, Essie - Eternal Optimist, O.P.I - Strawberry Margarita, Barry M - Glitter Diamond, Barry M - Passion Fruit, Essie - Limo-Scene and Barry M - Flip Flop

At the moment my go to one is Essie Eternal Optimist, it's such a lovely shade pink, ideally two coats is best but if your in a rush one coat is fine. I think this has been my spring/summer shade so far this year I own a few matching items and I think matching shows a little thought in what your wearing. For example over the weekend my nails were painted in the Barry M (flip flop) and I have this lovely medium sized cross body bag which matched and it looked lovely.


If you are on a budget I would highly recommend Barry M's collection also ideal if your in a rush but if you want to spend a little more I would definitely go for Essie they last a good week to 10 days and don't chip.


Ooh I nearly forgot the glitter! Who doesn't love a bit of sparkle?! I don't paint every nail in glitter only one on each hand, the ring finger and same on opposite hand, it just adds a little bit of fun and sometimes breaks it up a little instead of being just one colour.


Have you got any favourite colours you use throughout the summer?


Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig