Monday 20 February 2017

Primark make up brush cleaner review

Firstly I want to say I am so sorry for the lack of posts in the last few weeks, unfortunately my anxiety has wrapped me up in a bubble lately and I have not had any umph to want to write a post (most upset about this) but I'm back!


For a while now I've wanted to find a brush cleaner which was suitable to use in between the deep cleans that was easily used and something which could be used on the go if I'm away. I wanted something in a liquid form if possible so not much is used at one time. I did notice that Mac do one, not in a spray form and from some reviews I've seen this is good but I wanted to speak to someone about this before buying it and I haven't been to a Mac store recently to do so. After some time if I'm honest I had stopped looking for one until I was in my local Primark and I was trying to find a their PS Pro mattifying primer but I came across a spray make up brush cleaner. It was a bargain for just £2 and I thought I'd give it a try.



As soon as I got home I had to try it, I found my foundation brush (Real Techniques stippling brush) which I find a struggle to get the white bristles back white again. I sprayed it about 2-3 times and got a kitchen towel and just wiped it in circular motions and I was very surprised of how much came off to be honest! I give my brushes a deep clean wash my brushes about once every 2-4 weeks depending how much usage they have had. I don't buy any fancy cleaner I just simply use baby shampoo and one of them brusheggs, but it not great for big powder brushes as I find it a bit on the small side. The smell isn't the most pleasant it does smell a little strong almost reminded me if you've accidentally breath in nail varnish remover but not as strong. I also tried it on one of my concealer brushes which didn't work as well there was still concealer left in the brush. I will over some time be trying this out on my other brushes and will hopefully post a video over on my Youtube channel, so keep your eye out for it soon.




Have you tried any liquid make up brush cleaners? Would you recommend any?

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig