Friday 5 February 2016

Maya : Black gold of the sun

Recently I was very kindly sent a new hair product which is on the market called Maya (see website here), by the lovely Michelle. She contacted me and asked if I would be interested in trying the product and of course I said yes, I love trying new hair products. 



Maya has 12 natural oils which all combined will repair and restore your hair back to a good manageable condition and the bonus is your only using one product! It's designed to be used on all types of hair and will combat frizz and boost you natural curly hair and give life back to it.

If you've known me since my early teens you will know I have tried a few things from having it cut quite short (Bob length to be precise), been fully blonde just the top half when that was all the rage and a few colours in between. From all the colouring, straightening and blow drying I have made sure that I looked after my hair, using good conditioners and heat protecting products is a major key. When I go to the hairdressers which is only like twice a year now for a trim they are always impressed with the condition and the length but because my hair is so long it can be quite hard to find something to put on it that will bring out its natural curl/wave without weighing it down. So as you can imagine I was quite happy to try this out. 

Now I haven't left my house without my hair being straightened, braided over night or tied up in a bun in a very long time, so I was a little bit nervous to use this and go out to see what people thought. I washed and conditioned my hair as normal and wrapped it up in a towel whilst I was getting ready. My hair was done last, so I unwrapped the towel let my hair just fall and applied Maya all over my hair and concentrated on my ends as well (most important thing). I let it dry naturally and throughout the day you could just see my waves coming back unfortunately some parts of my hair are a bit straight but that's where i’ve used straighteners for so many years. I noticed how my hair felt thicker and healthier even when I next washed my hair dried it and then straightened it, it felt like like it was getting better already. This product definitely has some long term affects the more you use it. Go and give it a try I know you will love it 

So here is before : 


And here is after, it's a little hard to see but my hair feels so soft and not greasy or sticky, also it smells amazing!! 




Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig