Monday 3 September 2018

Vegetable Red Thai Curry

Over the last few months or so I've reduced the amount of meat that I eat not for any particular reason but I'm just trying to eat more vegetable and get more goodness in.

I'm not sure how I only discovered red Thai curry until the past couple months I think it was the coconut which put me off as I'm not a big fan of things which have coconut in and for years I was convinced it never agreed with me. I see an old (not in age lol) friend who has recently started a vegan insta/blog and some of the things she makes just look so yummy and often so easy to do. Laura has given me the inspiration to try some new and different things I wouldn't necessarily do myself, make sure you check her insta out!

I have been loving this simply yet yummy veggie red Thai curry, it's quick and easy to make. It's great for lunch or dinner as it's not a heavy meal and something so quick to do I often make it after work.


What you'll need
Chopping board
Sharp knife
Potato peeler
Deep frying pan/wok
 
Ingredients
1 jar of red Thai curry sauce
1 medium onion
1 large carrot
2 medium red peppers
1/2 of a medium broccoli
Olive oil
Water
 
How to make
1. Peel the carrot and slice to a medium thickness, so they don't take so long to cook and chop half of the florets off of the broccoli and run them under cold water.
 
2. Add a dash of olive oil to the pan and put on a medium heat and once hot add the carrots and broccoli. Just so the veg isn't completely hard add a little bit of water jus to cover the bottom of the pan an add a lid.
 
3. Chop the onion and peppers, it actually doesn't matter how you chop these I tend to have the onions in slices and peppers in chunks.
 
4. Add the onions and peppers to the pan and continue to cook for a few minutes or until the onions are a little soft.
 
5. Stir in the sauce, fill the empty jar with water, a quarter of the way will do and add in. Let it come to a simmer until heated through and serve.
 
Tip
Don't wear white! When stirring this I was careful but still made its way onto my top!
 
 
This can be served on it's own, with rice or veggie rice and you can use what every vegetables you like. Also you can chop all the vegetables up at once to save some time and if you wanted you can even add meat.
 
Have you tried anything like this before?
 
Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx
 
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig