Monday 30 April 2018

How I get soft waves

A few people at work have asked how I get this soft natural wave hair style I often do and it was hinted slightly (Nikki, lol) to write a post on it. This is my I don't have the energy to do my hair and I want my bed look. It's so easy and does not really require any long winded process or loads of products.

 
I'll go through step by step what I do to achieve this simple look.

To start with I wash my hair and at the moment I'm loving Palmers Cocoa Butter shampoo and conditioner. It smells absolutely amazing, chocolate with a hint of peppermint. The conditioner leaves my hair super soft!

Once it's washed I'll wrap it up in a towel to get most of the moisture out for about 15/30 minutes whilst I'm getting stuff sorted, then take off the towel and let it air dry a little bit more.

Whilst it's still a bit damp, I use my tangle teaser and brush it through just to get rid of any knots then apply a pea size amount maybe a little more of my go to hair serum (Brazilian hair oil) distribute it throughout my hair. Regardless of what I'm doing with my hair I will always apply this.

For an extra bit of moisturising I then apply Lusters pink oil lotion (roughly about a 50p size) but only from mid to ends of my hair as I know the closer to my roots it can make my hair look greasy once my hair is fully dry.

A majority of the time I have a middle parting so I just divide my hair into two and just plait it so in the end I look like Pocahontas or sometimes Wednesday from Adamms Family lol. Then I go bed.

By the morning my hair is dry and I just undo the plaits, run my fingers through it and I will straighten the front part and my edges as they have a life of their own put a little more serum in and go!



It seems like there is some work that goes into this but when you've done it so many times it's nothing. If I want some more volume I'll do four plaits but for work I just keep it simple.

Do you have any lazy day hair styles?

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
Xx
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig