Tuesday 13 February 2018

I tried meat free

So a couple months ago or so I had considered to try a meat (including fish) free diet only something short term to see if I could get on with it. I don't eat loads and loads of meat, mainly chicken and fish to be honest but I've heard of many people going meat free or doing the veganuary challenge where they have lost weight or felt better in themselves and I was intrigued. Also I recently heard that a quarter of UK dinners are actually meat or fish free. Personally I think going completely vegan would be a big jump with not doing anything like this before and there is a lot of things I think I would need to change but this was my first step.

Now I didn't do a straight two weeks like I originally planned my downfall was the weekends, the first weekend I went out with a few girls out of Ipswich and the weekend just gone I was in London. The first part was from Monday 29th January till the Saturday and then Monday 5th February till the Friday. It was a little different trying it that way but I suppose it was a way also to see if I really missed it which during the week I didn't but come the weekends when I'd be out it was kind of a different story, I'd be on my way home tipsy and hungry with nothing else really open it was some kind of fast food at the time.

Here is just a few meals I had cooked, I didn't get a picture every one I had tried but other dishes I made had included omelettes, roasted veg, a few Subway salads for lunch, jacket potatoes and home made soup.










I made one big one tart, it was just easier but I personally think it needed something more added then just tomato puree as it was not enough for a base and I did add a little cheese after it was cooked but it was something you can add what ever you want to it.

Vegetable, mozzarella and pesto crustless quiche with some Charlotte potatoes and salad











Roast Vegetable, Veggie Sausage and Chickpea Bake

There is soooo many recipes online which look so yummy and I will definitely be trying more out in the future and slightly tweaking the veg bake.  

Overall would I do it again?
Yes, I would consider trying a meat free diet again but maybe include fish, it is surprising what other foods there is out there, new flavours and not just the usual. I did also feel better for it as well, this may sound weird but I felt lighter and didn't get as bloated as much. I think I will be reducing my meat intake in general and maybe only stick to fish or chicken. Who knows but I will try and keep you posted in a few months or so.

Have you tried meat free? What are you fav dishes?


x


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig