Wednesday 13 September 2017

Empties .. Love or hate part 1

Towards the end of summer I found myself finishing quite a few products and I've kept majority of them aside and thought I would review them and give my thoughts, some loved and will be reused but some would not be my immediate choice. This will be in two parts as I'm coming to an end with some more products.



Soap and Glory facial wash and Pixi glow tonic
This is the second time I purchased the S&G facial wash, when I first purchased it I loved it, skin was feeling very soft and it has them little beads but I think after time I didn't feel like it done it's job anymore I think I need more something to more match my combination skin. If you have normal skin then I think this may be more suited to your skin type also I will say it is worth the money as it lasts  absolutely forever as you only need a little bit.
Part of me thinks I may be one of the only people who do not overly rate the glow tonic exfoliating toner, it didn't wow me in the slightest, if anything my skin didn't feel completely soft after using it and felt a little tacky to touch. Unfortunately I would not be purchasing this full price in the future as I have found other toners that work better.

Neutrogena oil free moisturiser and Olay skin tone perfecting cream
As I have combination skin I thought I would try an oil free moisturiser to see if that could balance anything out, it did very slightly but there was not a big difference, I preferred to use it at night as it was on the thicker side and I try and keep my day time creams on the lighter side. I may consider this again in the future but it's not my first choice.
I've never tried Olay before but I will say for a first time user this skin tone perfecting cream was so light, not heavy at all and a little goes a long way, I'm not sure that because I had a sample size that I got the full benefits of the skin tone perfecting but I have been looking at purchasing the full size one to see if over longer term use it will help.

Victoria's Secret body mists in Amber Romance and Pure Seduction
These two are my all time favourites, I've been using these body mists for so many years and always got a stash of them in my room. I find that VS mists last longer than any other day to day body sprays, they are a little on the pricey side for just one but I always buy them on offer and they last me so long. You don't have to travel all the way to London anymore to get them as they are becoming more available at places like Superdrug and Very.co.uk. Amber Romance is a warm scent with Amber and Crème Anglaise. Pure Seduction, I think the name sells itself with Red Plum and Freesia. Both of them are ideal for day and evening, they are fun and flirty and I will always be going back for more!

Onsen crystal clear scrub and Vaseline spray and go in cocoa butter
Who doesn't love a body scrub such a good way to get rid of any dead skin. I got caught one day in Stratford by a salesman and I got sucked in as you do, it was my birthday and I was shopping. It is a salt scrub so be careful if you have any open wounds, it stings! I will say this did really like how this felt on my skin, I was left feeling so soft and slightly moisturised considering I used it in the shower but for me it is overpriced for what it is.
Is this kind of the lazy was to moisturise your skin? I didn't buy this spray and go cream straight away when they first come out but it was on offer and I gave it a go. It's non greasy and to me does not last as long as like Palmers cocoa butter or coconut oil. I would use this in the summer when I only want something light, I think in the winter this is not moisturising enough.

Have you tried any of these products? What are your thoughts? Or do you want to try any of them?


x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig