Tuesday 27 September 2016

My first Libbie Club box

At the end of August I signed up to the Libbie Club which is a beauty box which gets sent monthly. This month I was sent Dr Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads, Evolve Hyaluronic Serum 200 and Paul Yacomine Micro Duo oils. You can see all the products and my reviews over on my page here.
 


Dr Dennis Gross Daily Peel Pads
When I first opened the box of these I was a little curious as to how this would work as they are not a cream or gel based product they actually come in the form of a wipe but I did briefly think would they be a sheet mask? There is two steps to this, step 1 is designed to exfoliate and smooth and step 2 is to firm and lift.
 
I opened the first step and the first thing I noticed was the smell, it was a bit of a strong chemical like smell, the wipe itself is a small (similar to a standard coaster like size, random I know) and you just have to wipe your face until the cloth becomes nearly dry. After it's mostly dry you need to allow your skin to rest for at least two minutes and then you repeat the same process with the second step. This one has very little scent and it tingles a little which is kind of a nice feeling, you defintely feel this one firming the skin. I have been using these every other day and may start using them once a week instead of daily as I don't strip my skin of its natural oils too much.n My skin has felt so soft and smooth and I have noticed my pores are not so enlarged. I would highly use these after a night out on the town, the bring your skin back to life!
 
 
 
Evolve Hyaluronic Serum 200
This is specified for normal to dry skin now I don't have normal skin, I have combination and I think this is perfectly fine to use. It's designed to rehydrate the skin from within and plump any fine lines and wrinkles (I shouldn't have to be worrying about this at my age! But it doesn't hurt to start looking after yourself from early). I have been wanting to try a serum for some time now and just never knew where to start so I was so happy to see this in the box.

You put this on after you've cleansed your skin and neck, I tend to apply this at night and put a drop or two to the back of my hand and dab it on my face but only applying a thin layer. It's not as heavy or greasy as I thought it would be (maybe I'm comparing to hair serum?) its quite light weight which has been nice with these warm nights! I wake up in the morning and my skin feels so soft and like the natural oils have been restored and I've noticed my skin is not so oily during the day. I think this will be perfect with the weather changing, keep your skin glowing even in the up and coming dull months!
 

Paul Yacomine - Micro Duo
When I first see these I wondered what they were, the bottles are metal and not like anything I've seen before.

The treatment oil is very light and not as greasy as you may think it would be as it is packed with different ingredients to help protect your hair against every day life. It has defintely helped and I have noticed my hair is feeling better and not so dry. I apply 2-3 pumps all over my hair but mainly concentrate on my ends.

Again with the finishing oil this is very light, adds a nice shine to your hair once styled without it looking greasy. My only concern with this one is the packaging is not the strongest selling point for me as it is a little awkward to get the product out and there is a strong smell with which does fade throughout the day (remember to wash your hands if not you will be smelling it all day lol).
If you are looking for something to protect your hair and ensure when it's finished it look very healthy without adding too much then I would definetey recommend these!!
 
Want to buy any of the products for yourself or someone else, just visit my page (here) and get some discount too !

Twitter | Instagram | BlogLovin'
x
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig