Monday 15 August 2016

What I bought in Mac

A couple of weekends ago I went London and I was on a bit of a make up hunt, I wanted some new things I have no idea why as I already have loads but heyyyy. I passed by Mac and with intentions of buying their Cream Colour Base in Midtone Sepia (mainly for contouring) but sadly they didn't have this in store. I carried on looking around at the other products and came across the concealer and I remembered one thing I am looking for is a under eye brightening concealer.
 


I was lucky enough to sit down with a make up artist (without waiting) and explain what I'm looking for. She (I can't remember her name) came back with the Studio Finish in NW20 which is 5 shades lighter then a foundation I own from Mac. She applied it with the 130 Short duo fibre brush (which I bought as well) it went on so smoothly and the bristles were not harsh at all the eye area is very sensitive and the skin in naturally thinner. Only a small amount of concealer was used but you could definitely see it just lifted and brightened up my eyes which is exactly what I wanted. I have used it a few times since I've bought it and I would describe the formula as creamy, it certainly stayed in place but there was a slight build up in the crease but I think with a good primer and a bit of Ben Nye Banana powder it will be fine.



I've watched so many tutorials on line and often the Prep + Prime Fix spray has popped up quite a lot, she went off and got it but also got the Mineralize Charged Water. She explained they have similarities but would recommended the mineralize one this hydrates the skin more, can be applied as a finisher and smells better then the other one. This has been used quite a few times as well but not just when I wear make up, if I've been anywhere without any make up on I will spray this on my face throughout the day just to keep it hydrated. You can't really see on this pic but the bottle is like gold glitter its so cute.

The staff in the bigger Stratford store are so friendly and helpful, I would definitely recommend going in to this store, they know what they are talking about and are all very experienced.

What make up have you bought recently?
 
Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig