Sunday 11 October 2015

Daytime Eyeliner with a sparkle

Friday I done my make up a little different to how I usually do it on my days off, I normally use Watt's Up, Hoola and mascara but I fancied a bit of eye liner. Whenever I wear eyeliner I forget how much I love the look but because I don't do it often enough it takes me a little while to get them both matching. So I had a bit of time Friday and for once I actually done my eyes before my base, it makes a massive difference so I will certainly doing this in the future. I added a little sparkle under my bottom lash line just to see how it would look instead of black and I really liked it. It is a simple look without being too done up for day time, also there is a little contour but not too much. So see below on how I created this look and the products used, I will try and do a video soon but enjoy :)

Eyes/brows
For my eyeliner I used Maybelline's gel liner in black, I lined my eyes, using the brush that comes with it, as close as possible to my lash line and built it up gradually then added a small flick either side using an angled brush. As I previously said I don't do this often enough to do it very easily so a couple mistakes were made but I just simply used a cotton bud with a baby wipe over it and easily cleaned it up. Using another angled brush I lined my bottom lash line with Mugshot from Urban Decay's Naked3 palette and followed up to the flick. My eyebrows do need tinting but in between I just use Benefits Gimme Brow in medium/deep, just to give a little more deep colour. For mascara I used Essence Lash Princess which I received in a Glossy Box, its absolutely amazing, gives length and definition!
*The shade I used is the one the brush is touching/pointing to*

Base
I already moisturised (Soap and Glory, Fab Pore) and primed (using Smashbox, Photo Finish Light) my face before doing my eyes just to give it time to sink in. I used a small amount of Mac's Pro Longwear foundation in NC25 applied it using Real Techniques stippling brush, which I had learned recently that using this type of brush gives you a little bit of a dewy finish and doesn't look like it is caked on. I have written a post about the foundation, click here to read.

Cheeks
I done a slight contour but using Sleeks Face Contour Kit in medium which I haven't used before so I was a little excited because I also liked the colour of the highlighter. When I first applied it (using the RT Contour brush) I was a little shocked as the darker shade was quite dark. Blended it all in and loved the slight shimmer it was perfect I just added a little blush, Inglot Freedom System Blush in 55, its a subtle shade and great for day time.

Lips
To finish off I added a little gloss which I have only just realised is very similar in colour to the blusher I used. It's the Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque in Rose on the rocks (02) its almost like a nudey pink when applied its lovely shade especially if you want to wear colour but not too much.
x


Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig