Wednesday 10 June 2015

Beauty buys of May

I treated myself a little bit this month with some new Benefit make up and Tangle Teezer and a couple usual products. I don't know about you but when you buy new make up (not renewing) I feel so excited to use it and try different looks. The buzz you get to try out that new lipstick or what I'm liking at the moment highlighter! That glowing skin especially now summer is coming. See below the few products I bought last month...


Tangle Teezer
I've always been a little sceptical on purchasing a Tangle Teaser brush because of the price but I've heard some really good reviews. A friend of mine had recommended getting one and after I had seen a Lulu Guinness design I was more tempted. How amazed was on when I used this, it fits in your hand perfectly and does not hurt at all when brushing. So if you are reading this and don't own one I suggest you get down to your local Boots as they currently have 3 for 2 on selected hair care.
 
Soap and Glory
Everyone I speak to just loves Soap and Glory products especially Hand Food, it has a gorgeous scent and it definitely keeps your hands moisture even in he driest conditions! I switch between hand creams either a Soap and Glory, Body Shops Almond cream, or Palmers Cocoa Butter (more ideal for summer). The antibacterial gel also has a lovely scent its not so potent like other gels which is why this is quite nice.
 
Benefit
Benefit launched Bold Is Beautiful and if you got a brow was at any of the counters in May the money would go to their chosen charities for this year which are Refuge and Look Good Feel Better (click here for more info) and as a bonus you get Gimme Brow free. It was the first time I've ever had anything waxed, I didn't know what to expect but I was fine. I did have my eyebrows tinted at the time, she did put a little on but because they had just been done they were a little dark to notice. Since then I have used it and it is quite good, it fills in any gaps need bit and tame any strays.

Whilst I was waiting for my brow wax one of the assistants kindly asked if there was anything I would like to try or be interested in, at first I thought here we go but then I actually did want to try find a highlighter and something maybe to make my skin a little bit dewy. We started a bit of conversation and she asked if I owned any benefit products, well I started off with my list and when I mentioned Hoola she immediately recommended Watts Up. She applied some on me with Hoola and I instantly loved the look and was like yes this is it, it has that summer glow and also it is perfect for on the go as it has a built in applicator.

Saved the best till last lol. For a while I had been thinking about buying Hoola, its a non shimmer bronzer which I've been looking for, for a while. I received an email a while back saying that Benefit were personalising Hoola, within a couple days I had ordered one and waiting patiently for it to be delivered. When it finally arrived it was just the cutest thing ever, the packaging and to see my name on it. I've used it a few times with Watts Up with a light contour and the outcome it just gorgeous. The only down fall is when I've finished with it I just can't take out the empty one and replace it but hey lets hope it don't run out anytime soon!

Share:
Blog Design Created by pipdig